Thursday, June 07, 2007

Coding or Carbonating?

I learnt Chemical Engg. I learnt coding. I am now doing the latter for a living. But how much do i miss the former? Am i satisfied with the latter?
Hmm... giving it some thought, i do miss chemistry. i do miss some aspects of chemical engg. but overall it has been a very pleasant experience. Let me pen down things i like.
Obviously i prefer logic to knowledge. I also prefer structured solution to problems. I still love my operations research concepts... atleast whatever i learnt. job scheduling, travelling salesman problem, ant colony algorithm, genetic algorithms... neural networks... all very interesting. i like some chemical engg topics too.... reaction kinetics.. and organic chemistry!!! (pause... let me feel that again... wow).. amazing topic. do i miss them? maybe not. maybe i would be better off having my organic chemistry in note books... but maybe industrial engineering (job scheduling, tsp, etc)... i do miss them... and i will look forward to any chance to get to these topics...
Hope i can somehow have my coding and also get IE as added bonus in the future...
God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home